2017 Scholarship for Outstanding Student Achievement
MSA is proud to announce the Mid-South Sculpture Alliance Scholarship for Outstanding Student Achievement competition. The scholarship is organized by MSA and is funded through membership fees and donations.
Only faculty members and university members with active MSA memberships are eligible to submit student nominations. Nominees must be students currently enrolled in an accredited program seeking a MFA, BFA, MA, BA or AA degree. Nominees must also be members of MSA. Student membership can be made at the same time as the scholarship application.
Scholarship winners will be awarded a check for
$500.00 and free participation in MSA’s Confab: Nashville 2017 featuring prominent sculptor John Powers and hosted at Watkins College
Scholarship winners will have the opportunity to exhibit their work at the MSA Juried Member’s exhibition hosted at AVA Chattanooga from May 5 – June 30th.
Scholarship winners will be acknowledged on the MSA website and through MSA’s social media sites.
1. Completed application form. (Please go to www.midsouthsculpture.org for application)
2. Current Résumé (Two-page limit).
3. Artist statement
4. A maximum of 10 digital images.
Specifications for the digital images are as follows:
- · Image Title: Every image file must be titled first with the number of the image in the order to be viewed (use “0” in front of single digit numbers), followed by the artist’s last name [for example 01_Smith; 02_Smith].
- · Image Format: Acceptable digital images must be: File Format: JPG at 72 DPI Dimensions: Minimum 800 x 600; Maximum 1600 x1200.Do not use Progressive JPG’s, GIF’s, or tiffs. Do not embed images into a PowerPoint presentation or PDF.
- · For work better suited for representation by video ( i.e. installation, kinetic or performance works). Post video and include a link to your work with the application.
5. Annotated Image list: Please include a brief description of each image including title, date medium, dimensions, and weight or in the case of video a brief narrative including similar pertinent information.
6. MSA Sponsor: Name, phone number and email address of your MSA sponsor. The sponsor must have a current MSA membership.
Send application materials electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions March 24th, 4 pm
Winner announced April 3rd